The purpose of Le Club de Français is to provide enthusiastic French students with another avenue to explore and experience the French language and francophone cultures beyond what the French classroom can provide. Members will also promote the French language and francophone cultures outside the French classroom and Club to their friends, fellow students, and to the community outside of the school. Members may also use their enthusiasm and expertise to help tutor French students in French.
Le Club de Français de Riverdale will be open to any current or former student of French or any Riverdale student interested in the French language or francophone cultures.
Meeting times and dates: Meetings are held usually once a month on Mondays in Monsieur Gautreaux’s room during the last 15 minutes of lunch. Meetings are set a month to two months in advance. Other meetings are held when needed.
Activities of the club may include,but are not limited to, the following:
Field trips to New Orleans Opera productions (some in French, some in other languages)
· French king cake party in January
· French picnic involving various French foods and drinks
· French movie afternoons
· French desserts, buche de noel cake during December
· French games and board games
· French Conversation Lunch in the sponsor’s room
· Participation in the Foreign Language Festival at Southeastern Louisiana University for various French competitions: prose, poetry, extemporaneous speaking and French play
· And more …
2015 – 2016 Club Officers
President — Raneen Badr
Vice-President — Ashley Presley
Secretary — Fernanda Laza
Treasurer — Kayla Byrd