Welcome to the Riverdale High School Counseling Department Webpage! We are very excited for the 2014-2015 school year and are here to help support students and parents in making this a successful year.
RHS has three counselors available to service students.
- Amelia Sherman- 9th 484-4308, Amelia. Sherman@jppss.k12.la.us
- Deborah Hancock- 10th-12th (A-K) 484-4581, Deborah.Hancock@jppss.k12.la.us
- Patrice Cheramie- 10th-12th (L-Z) 484-4571, Patrice.Cheramie@jppss.k12.la.us
The Counseling Department at Riverdale follows the Comprehensive Developmental Counseling Program. All counselors are certified and/or licensed educators trained in school counseling with unique qualifications and skills to address all students’ academic, personal/social and career development needs. We provide services to students, parents, school staff and then community in the following areas:
- School Guidance Curriculum- Structured lessons designed to help students achieve desired competencies i.e, FAFSA and Financial Aid.
- Individual Student Planning- We coordinate ongoing system activities designed to help students establish personal goals and develop future plans.
- Responsible Services- We develop confidential relationships with students to help them resolve or cope with personal, academic and social problems.
- System Support- Management activities establishing, maintaining and enhancing the total school counseling program (professional development, consultation, and collaboration).
Below is a link to TOPS Bulletin T2015-5, which provides details about the Consent Form for the TOPS Tracker, Determination of TOPS Eligibility, and College Admissions.
The amended law regarding the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) took effect on August 1, 2015. All students must have a new consent form signed this academic year (2015-2016) by a parent or guardian. Once this year’s form is signed, the form needs to be on file unless the parent or guardian chooses to revoke their original consent. All consent forms signed by parents should be kept on file at the school for audit purposes. The form needs to be provided to parents or guardians every academic year in case the parent/guardian chooses to change their minds about the original consent. This information supersedes any prior information sent out by LOSFA.
The direct link to the Consent Cover Letter: http://www.osfa.la.gov/MainSitePDFs/ConsentLetter.pdf
The direct link to the Consent Form: http://www.osfa.la.gov/MainSitePDFs/ConsentForm.pdf